We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-Feb driving vacation?

Mundelein, Illinois
Level Contributor
139 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-Feb driving vacation?

Need some help finding site suggestions, forums, etc. We've never seen the southeastern states and are considering 2 weeks driving along the gulf coast mid to late Feb. Primarily MS and AL, not as far west as TX and preferably not beyond FL panhandle. Are the areas fairly recovered from Katrina, oil, etc? What temps can we expect - mid 50-60s? Any hidden gems, scenery, beaches that are not-to-be-missed? I know these are really broad questions, but I'm just looking for some starting points. Looked for travel guides in library but only from 2009. I've ordered MS and AL state tourism guides. Thanks much! (also posted in MS forum)

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mid-Feb driving vacation?

Red bar Grill...CRAB CAKES!!! oh yes

12. Re: Mid-Feb driving vacation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:19