We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend 4th July?

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to spend 4th July?

Hi, I'm flying from London into Atlanta, Georgia on July 2nd and flying out from New Orleans on the 8th July. I was considering spending the 4th July in Montgomery, Birmingham or heading straight down to Mobile but am open to all suggestions! Will shops, restaurants and bars be open around the 4th? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend 4th July?

On the other side of the bay from Mobile...Fairhope!!!

alabama.travel/upcoming-events/fairhope-s-fo…

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend 4th July?

I'd head for the Gulf beaches or Mobile area. July 4th is the peak of the summer vacation season so you'd want to book lodging soon. Gulf Shore, Orange Beach, and Mobile communities (like Fairhope!) all have fireworks shows and parties. Have fun!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to spend 4th July?

Come to Gulf Shores. We have a wonderful fireworks display for the Fourth right on the beach.

4. Re: Where to spend 4th July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15