We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier in Seward has been recommended.

Can someone tell me about what's on the menu and prices?

Also, can you recommend some really good local places?

If you had 3 places to choose from in Anchorage, what restaurants

would that be?

Thank you for all the continued help.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

The Salmon Bake isn't at Exit Glacier, it's 8.5 miles before.They used the name because they are located on Exit Glacier Road. I haven't figured out why they call it a salmon bake. I pictured a big grill or something cooking fish, not so. They have a regular menu offering burgers, steaks, seafood, salads etc. Around $8 for a burger/fries and a big pickle out of the barrel! Open 5pm -10pm during the summer. Ask me in another month and I'll grab a menu. I like this place the best in Seward, great log decor with good food. Outside eating area too. They have a cute sign out front that really grabs attention....Cheap Beer and Lousy Food.

Thorn's Showcase Lounge has the best halibut. A large bowl ($25)is perfect to share. Get to go and eat along the waterfront for a nice picnic. Lunch and dinner specials along with steaks and ribs. Open year around I get food here alot and it's always good.

Now I bet your going to laugh at what I recommend in Anch! Taco Bell, Carl Jr's, Quizno's or any fast food. We only have Subway in Seward!!!! : )

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

Glacierlady,

Thank you for the location clarification as well as other info

for Salmon Bake. (You do know that in the South , we say

"sal-mon, not sam-mon", don't you?!!!).

Yes, I did laugh at your Anc suggestions. All we have in our area

is fast food and we are looking for something a bit different!

thanks for your help...

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

Glacierlady,

Thank you for the location clarification as well as other info

for Salmon Bake. (You do know that in the South , we say

"sal-mon, not sam-mon", don't you?!!!).

Yes, I did laugh at your Anc suggestions. All we have in our area

is fast food and we are looking for something a bit different!

thanks for your help...

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
970 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

I don't know what kind of food you are looking for and prices. If you want 5 star quality, and the high price to go with it, I suggest Orso, downtown Anc right across from the Westmark Hotel. Right next to it is Glacier Brewhouse. Less expensive and great microbrews. I like the Moose's Tooth for pizza and beer. It's right at the intersection of old and new Seward Hwys in Anc. If you go, don't wait in the lobby; instead, go up to the bar and grab one of the Moose's own brewed beers or their root beer. I recently ate at The Gumbo House on 9th and F (and did a review). The food and prices were very good, the place is clean and the staff super friendly.

Seward
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

The salmon bake is in my opinion the best place to eat in town. the dinners there range from 8$-24$ but the amount of food you get for the prices is awesome. you' probably leave with leftovers. they have everything from burgers, seafood, pasta, steaks, and salads.they have a kids menu too. lots of local go there and its a relaxing environment.

in anchorage, i like the snow city cafe at the end of 4th ave. also like the glacier brewhouse and the mooses tooth or bears tooth.

6. Re: Salmon Bake at Exit Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 11:22