We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking now for summer 2019 - mostly sold out?

hitchens97
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Booking now for summer 2019 - mostly sold out?

I'm trying to book on the coral princess on July 3rd, but it seems more than 85pct sold out with very limited cabin selection. Is this the norm. Have I left it too late?

A couple of questions.

1) Will different rooms be available on different sites?

2) Do rooms open up, i.e. they're not really sold?

3) Is it easy to swap rooms?

2 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
1. Re: Booking now for summer 2019 - mostly sold out?

Well, if it's 85% sold out, then there are 15% of the cabins left. The most desired ones are probably long gone unless somebody cancels. Alaska cruises are increasingly more popular every year, so people wanting a specific date/room should book as far in advance as possible.

"Is it easy to swap rooms?"

No. Sometimes people get upgraded (happened to me once), but that's at the cruiseline's discretion, not the passenger's.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
264 reviews
2. Re: Booking now for summer 2019 - mostly sold out?

Are you finding other dates near to yours also that sold out? If not, perhaps there is a large group booking...charter? It does seem rather early to be that full. I would keep checking, or call Princess directly.

Another possibility is with it being during Fourth of July, people often book vacations then. Here in MIchigan the auto industry pretty much shuts down the week of the Fourth of July so everyone is on vacation.

Edited: 07 September 2018, 15:12
Reply to: Booking now for summer 2019 - mostly sold out?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted