We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great car rental - Go North Alaska

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
244 posts
285 reviews
Great car rental - Go North Alaska

Couldn't find an entry for this place, so I figured I'd post it here.

Just came back from our Alaskan Adventure. A big chunk of it was driving from Anchorage to Whitehorse, seeing Valdez, driving both roads in Wrangel St. Elias and Haines on the way. 2000 miles in all!!

On thing that made it all worth while was the fact that I discovered the Go North Alaska car rental. They have offices in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Whitehorse, do one-way rentals, let you take the car on a ferry (we went from Haines to Scagway) and on any road you want. We had a huge 4-wheel drive and used it on the Mcarthy and Nabesna roads.

While they are expensive, if I compare the rates to the rates at Avis in Kodiak for a tiny car, it's comparable and you get so much more, and besides, when I divide it by 4 (there were 4 of us), it's comparable to plane tickets, and you get so much freedom.

They also have great customer service and the vehicle was perfect. Alaska is made for road trips, and this car made it so doable!

1 reply
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
264 reviews
1. Re: Great car rental - Go North Alaska

Based on this link for adding businesses, it appears TA does not do reviews for car rentals.

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

As I understand TA rules, TA does not really want its users to start new threads with the sole purpose of reviewing a company. It is best to include any comments like this within a trip review that you post.

Reply to: Great car rental - Go North Alaska
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted