We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tent camping on Homer Spit

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
tent camping on Homer Spit

The Homer Spit looks a bit on the rocky side. Has anyone

tent camped here -- please tell me about it! Also, what is the

rate for a tent site? Are there showers here?

Any other good camping locations in Homer will be appreciated.

with much thanks...

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

Hi ldlb, we stay couple nights in the Homerspit campground & we are really satisfied there. The owner is really friendly & put us in the front row which means all the RV behind us & the Kachemak Bay just in front of you. The bay view is so fantastic plus you can see the bald eagle everyday. The city own campground might cheaper but the view id just so so & definitely I will stay Homerspit campground again if I go back there. I think the rate is around $28 if I remember correct. $1 for shower if you stay there. They also have laundry too. Very convenience... :-)

Hope that help..

Ryan

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

Bluemountaincoffee,

Thanks very much, it's nice to hear from someone who has

actually stayed there. Yes, the view is definitely worth the extra.

I appreciate you input.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,190 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

Just thought I would mention that it can be very windy there . . . I have seen tents blowing around . . . you might take that into consideration for the spit. Personally, I wouldn't stay directly on the spit, but I also prefer staying in the trees. You would have incredible scenery on the spit! :)

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

Thank you Coalminer, I will certainly keep the wind in mind!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

Hi ldlb, yes it might be windy in the Homer spit just like coalminer said. I went there in the earlier July & the weather is perfect but sometimes still windy. Also keep in mind the weather start to change from August. But as long as you well prepare then everything should be fine...

Hope that help...

Ryan

6. Re: tent camping on Homer Spit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:29