We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bore Tide Info

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Topic
Bore Tide Info

www.adn.com/life/story/6455059p-6334964c.html

In todays Anchorage Daily News there is an article on the bore tide with some pictures to view. Use the link above.

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bore Tide Info

Good Bore tide times at Beluga Point (approximate) be there a little early and be patient

June 4, 230pm; June 5, 315pm; June 21, 325pm; June 22, 415pm; June 23, 400pm; June 24, 545pm; June 25, 630pm; June 26, 715pm; July 20, 310pm; July 21, 400pm; July 22, 400pm; July 23, 445pm; July 24, 530pm; July 25, 610pm; July 26, 655pm

Courtesy the Daily News

South Carolina
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bore Tide Info

Great info! We are going to try to see it on May 26, it's three days after full moon, and there is a low tide of -2.7, so I think we have a chance. Around what time should we leave our hotel (Hawthorne Suites) in order to get to Beluga Point around 6:00? I ask because just looking at Mapquest, doesn't really tell you the whole story, like rush hour, etc.

Also I read that Capt Cook hotel and some other have rooftop bars, I thought that might be cool to do, any suggestions?

Thanks

Anchorage, AK
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bore Tide Info

I'd leave about 4pm due to ruh hour during the late afternoon. I suggest you take Minnesota PKWY which is a freeway part of the way and follow it until it joins the New Seward Hwy and head south. you may be early, you may just make right on time. Stay off Gambell St/Seward Hwy in the rush hours, it gets quite heavy. The rule of thumb is all roads leading into downtown in the morning and all roads going out in the evening will be the heaviest, granted this a population of about 300,000 population commuting, not in the millons like in the west and east coast cities.

The captain cook has a nice restaurant $$$ at the top with fantastic views. worth at least a trip up for a view on clear days. You'll see Mt McKinley, volcanic peaks of the Alaska Range, the chugach mtns and Cook Inlet.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bore Tide Info

Thanks, Alaskaman, you always come through!!

Roy, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bore Tide Info

Will there be a Bore Tide on the 15th,16th, or 20th? If so, about what time?

Thanks

Darla

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bore Tide Info

LOL hello Darla! Small world huh?

Georganne

Roy, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bore Tide Info

Hey! Never knew that was you!

Darla

Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bore Tide Info

Would like to catch the bore tide - is there one on 15, 16 17 June?

Alaska, USA
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bore Tide Info

There is always some sort of bore tide when the tide comes in but the dates he gave you are the ones worth seeing.

WISCONSIN
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bore Tide Info

Chevron:

I noticed that we will also be there at the same time. I'm not sure if we'll make it due to a conflict with another appointment. I was wondering if you take any photos if I might be able to get some prints from you?

Are you also doing a cruise?

Thanks -- hope you can help. Would love to see it but unable.

BLUESEUSS