We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommended group tours?

Sarasota, FL
11 posts
Save Topic
Any recommended group tours?

Want to go summer 2008 with son-Dinalli & Kenai areas. Have had good luck in other areas with group tours such as REI. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommended group tours?

You could try REI or something, but most of us here on the forum think you can do your own planning the best . . . with our help, of course! I would start reading here on the forum . . . get a feel for what lots of people do and what would work good for you. We would be happy to help with specifics. :)

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommended group tours?

Went to Alaska this summer for 2 1/2 weeks. Did the research from this site and couple others (alaska.org). Wasn't that difficult to plan out on our own, so long as you don't mind spending the time to research your trip yourself. We were very glad we were not part of a group, we could choose what we wanted to do when we wanted to. The only time I would have been grateful to be part of a tour was while driving thru Anchorage. Way too many one way streets to navigate for a gal used to smaller towns. We got out of town as fast as we could and stayed out as long as we could. Very nice looking town with much to do it seemed, but didn't want to drive in it at all to do those things. Denali National Park area, Homer and Seward and other areas in Kenai were nice little towns and very easy to get around in.

providence, rhode...
Level Contributor
349 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommended group tours?

i ditto what the last 2 posters had to say, i traveled alone through alaska for 1 week before taking a cruise, this past summer. planned my entire trip mostly from the information and suggestions from the great people on this site. got to do and see what i wanted on my own time frame. alaska is an easy place to navigate, and even more so if you have a car

4. Re: Any recommended group tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:17