We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Anchorage

Australia
Level Contributor
207 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Anchorage

Can anyone suggest a good, clean hotel in downtown Anchorage, for 4 nights in June and particularly one that won't cost $300 a night. Was looking at Days Inn but some reviews aren't very complementary.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

Try the Comfort Inn at Ship Creek.

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

The Days Inn is the only one of the many Anchorage hotels I've stayed at that I would never stay at again. The Comfort Inn, Howard Johnson's, Anchorage Hotel are all good choices.

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

Hi

I like Hawthorn Suite downtown it is about $160.00 a night

and there is two rooms .There is a small room with chairs and couch ,TV. then a room with beds tv,ect

DW

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

We stayed at the Days Inn this summer. The employees were friendly. The room was pretty nice and very clean. There were only 2 problems we had with the place. One was a very small parking lot. The other was that they had no area (like most hotels have) where you can pull up to the front door and park to check in. I don't believe there was an elevator either, at least not one we ever found. This was not really a problem for us, but might be for some what with carrying luggage up multiple flights of stairs if you have physical limitations. The area seemed fairly decent. Of course, we were only there one night. There was not really any traffic noise to interfere with sleeping. I believe we ended up paying around $180.00 for 1 night. I would stay there again.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

morris80,

I don't know if this would apply for June, but through Hotwire,

we were able to get a room for $59 at Extended Stay America

Midtown for Aug.

Hotwire often changes prices so if you don't find what you want

the first time, keep checking back. Also, some times they have

different prices in the morning than in the evening.

I wish you good luck and a safe trip!

6. Re: Accommodation in Anchorage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 20:16