We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

South Carolina
14 posts
Save Topic
Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

Anyone ever use or hear about Dolphin Jet Boat Tours for whalewatching out of Juneau???

I'm still researching! Thanks for any input you can give!

Christy

Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

When we were there in 2006 we meet some people that had just come back from one of their tours and were raving about them...so much so that I wrote down their name for future reference.

Good Luck

Karla

Fremont, CA
Level Contributor
440 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

Hi - we're just back & went with Capt. Jack of the Scania. He limits the number of passengers to ensure ample seating & comfort for everyone. He is a former coast guard officer & has triple safety features. There are a number of charter operators who cooperate, referring customers to each other. They have an association that enforces ethical standards & requires 5 years experience in local waters. Besides Capt. Jack, I know of Harv & Marv & Orca Enterprises.

WE had a great time with Capt. Jack & saw a lot of wildlife including a juvenile whale who put on quite a show for us - flips, breaching, barrel rolls, and fluke waving.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

Orca, Dolphin, Scania and Kaytos all operate what I've been referring to as "medium" sized tours. On Orca and Dolphin's tours, everyone gets a seat, and if the boat is crowded (near capacity) not everyone will get standing room or space on the outside viewing deck. Kaytos and Scania are almost the opposite... everyone can have the outside viewing space, but if the boat is crowded, not everyone will get a seat... Then again, most days whale watching near Juneau, you won't want to be sitting inside anyway...

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

4. Re: Dolphin Jet Tours Juneau AK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 07:22