We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eagle river motel

california
8 posts
Save Topic
Eagle river motel

We (2 adults + 1.5 yr old toddler) are planning to stay in the eagle river motel in the last week of may 2008.

Most of the reviews were positive for the motel except for couple where we read that the motel has following issues

a> Noisy (is it so loud that we cant sleep ?)

b> Is in a shady neighborhood (is it safe ?)

c> No AC & No Heater (is it ok for May ?)

b> Has limited parking space

We will really really appreciate any feedback on the above 4 points.

Thanks

Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eagle river motel

a. it is near our main street, so there is traffic noise.

b. There is a church next door, offices and businesses and a grade school a few hundred feet away. If it is a shady neighborhood I am not aware.

c. AC is not normal by us. Heat should be. Check with the hotel. You might also consider the Micro Hotel farther down the street.

d. It is not a very big place - perhaps 10 or 20 units. All you need is one parking place; you might ask again when you discuss the heat.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eagle river motel

a) noise - the E.R. Motel and the E.R. Inn & Suites (formerly microtel) are on the same street. no noticable difference in street noise. we heard some people walking by our room at motel, but not enough for it to have been a problem at all. I took ear-plugs on the trip anyway because roomie snores. They were helpful to tone down noise on planes and there were a couple different places we stayed in Homer and Soldotna where people in next room snoring sounded thru the walls clear as a bell. even louder than my roomie.

b) neighborhood was very safe feeling. as mentioned church and school nearby. other review mentioned area looked shabby. didn't notice that myself. really liked the town.

c) we used a heater in the room every where we stayed. we were comfortable in the room at E.R. Motel in second week of September. We stayed at motel one night. they were booked the next night and we had to go to Inn & Suites. we were cold in that room. the heat in the hotel is provided by a boiler, which they didn't have turned on yet. the carpet in our room at the Inn was filthy. turned our socks/feet black. only advantage to Inn is the elevator, if one is needed. we did do laundry at Inn since it was on the same floor as our room. the motel was cheaper than the Inn. we did have more tv channels at the motel than the Inn. motel staff were very friendly. the motel rooms were larger than the comparable ones at the Inn. as soon as we got to our room at the Inn we called and reserved our 3rd night in the area with the motel.

d) we had no problem with parking at the motel. the parking was closer to the rooms at the motel than at the Inn.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eagle river motel

I wouldn't call Eagle River Motel a particularly shady area. I could however mention lots of cheap motels in Anchorage that are in extremely shady areas!

It's not right on the busy, noisy Glenn Hwy but is off the Glenn on Old ER Rd.

AC is not in my vocabulary here in southcentral Alaska but heater is.

Eagle River Nature Center is a great side-trip up the valley.

http://www.ernc.org/

4. Re: Eagle river motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 17:23