We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali Car Rental

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Denali Car Rental

Hi All,

I have booked over the phone with Denali Rental's, but now I have read many very bad reviews of them and their vehicles.

Has anyone used them before???

Thanks

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali Car Rental

What is Denali Rentals? What are the links to the "bad reviews"?

I am only familiar with Denali Dome Home offering car rentals near Denali.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali Car Rental

As it says in the title of the pst - Denali Car Rental - cars :)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/place?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-au&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Denali+car+rental&fb=1&gl=au&hq=Denali+car+rental&cid=12553643443805903904&dtab=2&ei=LjK1TLHePI-yceKxrPEI&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCkQqgUwAQ

This is just one place I found bad reviews, and there is nothing on Trip advisor about them

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Denali Car Rental

"there is nothing on Trip advisor about them"

Ummm....check again:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k19139…

Also check the company out with the BBB. Current rating is an F.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denali Car Rental

Yes I saw this, but only two good reviews, and a while ago.

Decided to look into a well known hire company, and for some reason it was cheaper than when I checked months ago, so booked with them just in case Denali were dodgy

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denali Car Rental

Thanks for the link. I assumed the company was near Denali NP, but it is in Anchorage. I can't imagine they are cheaper than what Enterprise has been offering off-airport for next summer, but even if they did, it doesn't sound like a company I would be interested in renting from.

Mentioned in this post
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denali Car Rental

Yes Enterprise are very cheap, and I was choosing between them and Hertz.

Hertz offer a town PU and an airport D/O, which is what we need, and enterprise didnt, plus I got 10% off the price with my frequent flyer card, so it worked out much cheaper than Denali Rentals and cheaper than Enterprise :)

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Denali Car Rental

Actually Enterprise will usually let you drop at the airport for $30-$40 upcharge once you arrive. I know this rate has been offered more than once to me and to others. But I don't think it is something you can book in advance (unless you call them).

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Denali Car Rental

FTI . . . do you happen to know what a cab from the downtown Enterprise (on E 5th) costs to the airport? I'll probably be doing an afterhours drop at their offices for a late night flight out of ANC after the Itidarod. Maybe the $30-$40 dropoff fee is cheaper?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,808 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Denali Car Rental

I have always rented from Enterprise on E. International Blvd. That is closer to the airport and costs $15 including a tip (usually about $12-$13 + tip). I suspect it will cost $20 or more from Enterprise downtown - they are actually on the east side of downtown. Probably close to a taxi fare.

What I did in August with Avis is this - and I know I am crazy about costs, but the $30 + tax savings was our Talkeetna Roadhouse breakfast for three! I would rather have a nice breakfast there than pay the drop-off fee, if those were the only options.

We drove to the airport and checked in (1/2 hour free parking). Then I left the others with all the carry on luggage at the airport. I drove downtown, returned the car to Avis, walked just 4-6 blocks to the People Mover and took the bus back to the airport for under $2. If you have the bus schedule, it works great with little waiting. But it may be too much hassle for most people.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Denali Car Rental

I've returned the rental car to Enterprise downtown very late at night after Iditarod week. For several years now, I called the taxi service with all the 2's in the telephone number and had them meet me there. They've always gotten there before me. Park the car in the lot, had the taxi man transfer my luggage, drop the key in the container and off we go. As I recall, it was around $25.