We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crabs

Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
crabs

Anyone know if there is a place where I can take my kids out crab catching?Maybe a catch and have your catch preparred type of set up?

Thanks

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crabs

You know Jones that is a favorite of our grandkids......we take them out in our own boat and let them pull up the pots (crab traps)......then they help us bring them home and cook them.........I would check with the fishing charters in whichever port city you are in and see if any of them include crab harvesting......we like the dungeness crabs best.....really easy to cook your own if you are staying in a place with a kitchen, just boil water enough salted water to submerse them, when it reaches a boil drop them in (alive yes) cover the pot turn down the water to medium temp and continue to boild covered for about 15 minutes.....then plunge them into a sink of icy cold water to stop the cooking......or maybe whoever takes you fishing can boil them up for you and clean them......then just take them to your room to crack and eat them with salad and sourdough french bread.......

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
277 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crabs

I know my son has gone out of Whittier for shrimp in a private boat don't know if there are crab there. You could check with the charters in Whittier.

3. Re: crabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 16:17