We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

frequent flier miles for business class

Southern California
6 posts
Save Topic
frequent flier miles for business class

I have checked american al for business class trip to Anchorage or from Anchorage for summer travel and found that they block out all business class from may thru august. I wonder if anyone knows if Alaska AL, as a partner airline to AA, will allow business class trips during the summer using AA frequent flier miles?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: frequent flier miles for business class

I think you mean "first class" since no domestic airlines that I know of have business class to Alaska.

I am not sure if American really "blocks" first class all summer, or if the limited number of first class frequent flyer seats is not available any more.

You need to direct your question directly to American Airlines since you need to book Alaska Air directly with American by phone when using American Airlines miles. But you can check availability of Alaska Air awards on Alaska Air's website. Note that you can ONLY use the "low" level Alaska Air awards when using AA miles. I have booked first class awards on Alaska Air using other airlines' miles (including American and Delta) but I never do it in April for the coming summer. I usually book months and months in advance.

Good luck.

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
366 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: frequent flier miles for business class

Alaska is fairly good about having at least 2 First class seats as award reservations available. Just have to check early, and often. Alaska Airlines first class is among the best U.S. domestic first class products around (unless you are on a United/American/Delta widebody).

3. Re: frequent flier miles for business class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 16:18