We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay - Kenai Fjords??

cleveland,ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Princess to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay - Kenai Fjords??

We will be going to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay in our Princess Cruise. Should I spend more money and go on the Kenai Fjords tour? How is it different? In Seward what else can I do other than Exit Glacier if I don't go on the Kenai Fjords tour?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay - Kenai Fjords??

You won't get nearly as close to the glaciers on the Princess cruises. My friends for example only got to within 2 miles of Hubbard Glacier last week.

And the Kenai Fjords trip concentrates on marine wildlife - the glacier is only a small part of the experience.

Short answer - if you have the time, yes, the Kenai Fjords tour is still well worth it and different from the other two.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,219 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay - Kenai Fjords??

There is no comparison between a 1000+ passenger cruise ship and those used in the Kenai Fjords. It is an entirely different experience.

3. Re: Princess to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay - Kenai Fjords??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:18