We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

New England
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

Looking for reviews on Alaska Bound booking co.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

Why don't you contact the tour operator directly instead of using a booking company......make your own reservations.......it has always been my experience that the fewer layers of people involved in any transaction results in the least amount of things going wrong..........

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,445 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

What is their web site?

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

Yep need the web site as Alaska Bound Booking Company does not appear in Google.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

http://www.alaskabound.com/

I did a search on TA using "alaska bound". There were a bunch of threads from people who were alaska bound, but only 2 threads were for this booking company. People remarked on the nice web site, but no one had actually used them. And of course, TA regulars said ... if you like the itinerary just make your own reservations and eliminate the booking fees of the middle man.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,445 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

Hi lunchlady,

What/when (& other details) are you trying to use them for? Did "YesCanada" find the correct web site?

Give us a few more details and we'll put on our "Deerstalker" and clue you in to what we think!!

New England
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

www.alaskabound,.com/

New England
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

I am looking for companies that put together self drive iteneraries for Alaska.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

I believe if you give a few details such as when you are going, how long, how many (what ages), likes and dislikes and budget, you will get some of the best advice and a great itinerary right here. For a self drive itinerary TA is your best friend.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

You can easily put together your own trip. We help people do that all the time. However, if you prefer to use a booking company, I suggest www.alaskatravel.com/alaska-vacations.html . They are located right in Anchorage (so have local knowledge), have an excellent reputation and are rated A+ by the BBB.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,445 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used Alaska Bound booking company?

I think TA ought to "advance" their system a little and we could barter some of our AK experience for say..... Canadian Beer. Thank goodness I'll be passing through BC/AB and getting the reminder that my wilting, old body really can't handle it anymore!!!!

On the more serious side (OMG.... I can't actually believe there's something more serious than Cdn beer?), please give us some dates, time of year, length of trip, activities, towns that seem to be meaningful to you and you're going to get some fantastic opinions/ideas.

Have a great day,

Scott