We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

I normally dont post negative reviews, because I dont want to hurt anyone's business. But our trip of a lifetime to Alaska in summer 2011 was almost ruined because of B& B RV Rental, and I now see folks continuing to get scammed and hurt by them.

The bottom line is that their website has high Google rankings, they then show a "limited time offer for 50% off" to entice you to prepay, they promise you "handpicked late models in great condition with flat screen TVs" and when you show up to their junkyard of a lot in anchorage they have 3 beat up old RVs there that in no way resemble anything you would want for a vacation rental (that is if they have anything for you there at all).

I can go into more detail and supply links pointing to reviews from all over the web - but I wanted to get this post out there to save some other unlucky traveler from what we went through with them...

Let me know if you need more info and am happy to suppply it....

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,564 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

Hi bethorda,

Welcome to TA-AK. I'm sorry you had a bad RV experience. As you mention, I too have seen several bad experiences/reviews with B&B RV Rental.

Here's a more recent TA thread (tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k47810…) which "mirrors" your experience.

I do hope you are able to pursue a credit chargeback based on they did not offer what they advertised.

When you've time it would be good to add some more detail so to show people what can (& unfortunately does) happen with bad vendors/suppliers and maybe what to look for.

Alaska is a wonderful place to visit and it is very sad when one makes the extra effort it does take to plan a "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to here and it is marred by such an event.

Hopefully others will see your post and they will be able to use your experience to make their trip better.

Best wishes,

Scott

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

Welcome to the forum. If you did a search, you would have found multiple threads about this company. Too bad that you didn't do your due diligence before booking with them and not after (your reference to "I 'now' see folks continuing to get scammed and hurt by them").

No need to go into more detail and honestly, your post will help as many people as previous posts helped you - very little unless people use due diligence when making their travel plans and not do their research after the fact.

Remember, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

is there no other part of your trip that would be interesting or informative for people to read about, such as the itinerary, activities, sights, excursions, etc ? You describe it as your trip of a lifetime so I would assume you put a lot of time and effort the plan.

4. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2011, 12:53
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,564 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

What a good thorough post/analysis (madhatt.com/index.php…).

Thanks for taking the time to prepare & post it. I'm sure it may help someone in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

BNB has a terrible reputation and their pathetic history is easy to review if you do a simple search in Tripadvisor or check the Better Business Bureau. Seems like they deserve every bit of bad press.

Guess I'm a cynic, but I really question the validity of posts when people suddenly appear to bash a vendor or sing it's praises. Always makes me wonder if it's the competetion doing the bashing or an owner singing their own praises.

It just seems odd that people planned the 'trip of a lifetime' but didn't post on Tripadvisor to get suggestions, information or recommendations, but they magically found their way afterwards to bash someone. And they don't post any other information that could help readers who are currently planning, such as an itinerary, activities, excursions, etc. Sure, the RV rental was a terrible experience but how about sharing some of the good times you experienced in Alaska?

Is it coincidence that 3 people found their way to tripadvisor in the same week to bash BNB ? is it 3 people ?

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

Dear YesCanada - i guess in this day and age folks have good reason to be cynical, but whoa, slowdown! yes, I am a real poster and not the competition. And if you follow the other posters you will find they are real posters too. My guess is 3 folks posted on this topic in the same week because there is so much hatred for this company out there that folks couldnt wait to jump on the bandwagon and share similar experiences. This was my "trip of a lifetime" because I took my whole family there for almost a month, including little kids. But I didnt ask for advice because I had been to Alaska 10 times previously, including as a college student, so knew where I wanted to go and what I wanted to do. And yes, am happy to share more info about my knowledge of Alaska and answer questions in another more relevant forum. This forum is about the horrrible experience we had with BBNRV, thats it. I can and will go into more details there - probably this weekend when I have some time - right now up to my sleeves in work. But dont doubt the story just because I havent posted all the details yet. If you search the web on this company you will find dozens of horrible experiences, such as:

…blogspot.com/2010/08/great-alaskan-adventur…

There is also a report put out by the Better Business Bureau here:

akbizmag.com/alaska-news/3534-tourists-steer…

I just wish to god I had seen these BEFORE I booked with this company. Owner Pete Harkovitch and his manager Bob Duffy are nasty individuals who take advantage of folks who dont do their research - and if I can save even one person from making the same mistake I made, I will have accomplished something and made the world a better place.

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

btw, does anyone know how to upload a photo to this forum? if yes, I will put some photos of their actual location here so you can see what I am talking about

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

You can add photos to you profile or in a review but not to the Forums.

I would also guess that people sometimes don't look too deeply until they have a problem. If you Google "BNBRV Complaints" TA comes up as your third result. I would guess that is what some of these people are doing.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,564 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B&B RV Rental (AKA BNBRV) is a scam. Be wary.

re: photos

I'd post a review on Google (google B&B RV Rental anchorage & click on review). On the Google review you can upload photos. Then I'd come back into TA and update this thread with a link to the google review.