We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milepost 2012

Easthampton...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Milepost 2012

Hi everyone, I searched everywhere, but cannot find out when the new 2012 milepost will be available. Is there much difference between editions? We are heading on a two week driving trip next August and I would like as up to date info as possible. Thank you.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milepost 2012

I would not think there would be any thing significantly different since businesses would have to have that information in long before it goes to print. Get the 2011 and then stay on the forum to find out anything new and/or different. :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milepost 2012

I gave away my Milepost after our trip in 2009 and immediately missed it . I ordered a 2007 from amazon for $3 plus S&H.

The towns and hwy names are still the same. Distances between towns are the same. The differences I know of .. some vendors have gone out of business since 2007, new businesses have started up, and the hours of operation posted in 2007 may not be accurate. I'm not ordering a new edition for my trip next year. carol

Edited: 08 September 2011, 03:35
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milepost 2012

I contacted them and they responded that the 2012 version will be available in March. I found it less expensive on Amazon than in the store at Barnes and Noble. Oh...by the way, it is big and heavy. Check it out at Barnes and Noble if you want to preview it.

Edited: 08 September 2011, 10:44
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milepost 2012

Even a used one would be fine - I use Amazon or half.com for travel guides and such . . . save $$ for your trip! :)

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
6,255 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milepost 2012

The advantage of the newest addition: All the business listings & hours are current. And, even more importantly, it has the construction activity scheduled for that year listed. Which can be a big help in planning travel times.

But, certainly older additions are usable.

Up here I pick mine up at Sam's Club when it comes out in March. It's usually about 1/2 the cover price.

Easthampton...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milepost 2012

Thanks so much for the replies, you are all very helpful. I think I will look for a bargain on a 2011 so I can use it in the planning. March seems far away to wait for the new one. I will have all my reservations made by then.

7. Re: Milepost 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2011, 20:35
Easthampton...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milepost 2012

I'm not sure what this forum allows so I sent you a message bugsberger

Anchorage, Alaska
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Milepost 2012

Hi there, it's The MILEPOST! We are working on the 2012 edition, which goes to the printer at the end of January and is officially on sale March 1, 2012. You can pre-order the 2012 edition online at http://shop.themilepost.com/ or by phone at 1-800-726-4707. We also have a special going on where you get a copy of the 2011 edition at half-price now, and the 2012 edition hot off the press next year.

Visit our website at http://milepost.com/ or see us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheMilepost. Happy travels!

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Milepost 2012

This (link below) is a little slow (because it's big). It's a pdf of the 2010 Milepost. We've used by printing only the pages we've needed for trips/info. We highlight the info. that's important to us and keep our "useful" pages in a smaller/quicker pdf on our laptop.

www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/…