We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Air flights

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Air flights

Hi

We are flying from Seattle to Alaska July 2012. We have been looking at Air Alaska and the best price we can get for 2 flights is approx $1200 return. We have tried various booking agencies but still cant get the price down.

Does anyone have any coupon codes or ideas of how we can reduce the cost?

Thanks

Michael and Jane

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Air flights

PFD sale is on so try checking again. A quick search on Alaska Air gave me $434 rt for next July.

Edited: 17 September 2011, 19:58
Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Air flights

I use www.farecompare.com alot too. They'll let you know when prices go up or down for various lines. I booked Mexico for $380 RT from Anc with only one 2 hr stop on Delta. I'm thrilled and counting down the days!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Air flights

thanks for the speedy reply.

i noticed when i looked last week they were $600 per person return but now the same flights are $438...do you know when this PDF sale ends and sorry what is a PDF?

Michael and Jane

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,283 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Air flights

Alaska airlines brings out the sale because Alaska residents receive their annual PFD - permanent fund dividend in October, so that is when many of us book our travels. The sale ends around mid-October and is good for flights thru August. :)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska Air flights

"Permanent Fund Dividend."

Every year the State of Alaska distributes a portion of the earnings it's made on investments arising from oil revenues (taxes, royalties) deposited in the State's "Permanent Fund." Every resident of Alaska receives a check, usually in excess of $1000, as his/her share of those earnings. This year it's $1281.00

Therefore, each year, around the time the dividends are paid out, Alaska Airlines holds an airfare sale - special prices to help Alaskans get rid of those pesky dollars. There are also a lot of sales for major appliances, cars and other goodies that occur around the same time.

This year the sale continues through 17 October. Travel must be complete by August 2012.

alaskaair.com/content/…pfd-sale.aspx

Edited: 17 September 2011, 20:41
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alaska Air flights

This morning I booked Seattle to Juneau for 2012......$179 + tax each way per person on Alaska Air........

Check their website.......it will bring up a week's worth or rates and if you are flexible with your travel days, you may find a real bargain !

7. Re: Alaska Air flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 23:15