We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

Robbinsville, New...
7 posts
Save Topic
Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

I should have posted this question first.

Is there such a thing as non-stop to Anchorage from either JFK, Phila, , Newark, NJ or Baltimore/Washington airports? From what I can tell, the answer is no but today I noticed on www.anchorage.net that there are a couple airlines who have "seasonal" non-stops. If this is true, when do airlines post next season's schedule? My own flight search only comes up with 1 stop or more.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

Continental used to fly non stop from Newark and Delta might from Atlanta. I have done the non stop and 9+ hours on one plane is just a bit much. If you can find a one stop that stops in Minneapolis or Seattle that is you fastest route.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

As far as I have been able to determine, Delta does not fly non-stop from ATL -> ANC. Alaska Air actually flies into Atlanta as well, and I don't think they do non-stops either. Most of the flights from ATL connect through SEA or PDX.

I just did a quick scan on Travelocity and it looks like Continental and United might still offer direct flights out of EWR. I tried a few other large airports and got nothing, so it looks like your choices will be pretty limited.

-JimG

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

I think your best bet is Alaska Air Flight 1 which leaves Reagan National at 7:55am and puts you in Seattle at 10:27am. Then there are half a dozen direct flights on Alaska Air to Fairbanks out of Seattle. The Seattle airport is a great place to re-charge with a good meal, massage or walk.

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

This summer, I know US Airways was flying direct to ANC from PHL. Not sure if that's still going, or if they will again next summer. Continental flies from EWR, but the plane stops in SEA for like an hour.

pine hill, nj
Level Contributor
291 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

us air was the only non stop from PHL(my home airport)I do believe there is non stop out of Newark and Baltimore. I usually fly Delta out of PHL with a stop in SLC, which is a nice half way point to get out and stretch.

6. Re: Non-stop to ANC from any major east coast airports?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 13:17