We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with trip itinerary

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with trip itinerary

We are planning on spending 8 nights on our vacation. One night is definitely in Girdwood. The next two nights in Seward (Kenai area,) and the fourth night in Talkeetna. That leaves four more nights. Can anyone offer advice - Should we spend 4 nights in Denali National Park, or add one more night in the Seward area, and only 3 in Denali? Any thoughts or comments, please reply.

Mentioned in this post
Girdwood
Girdwood
Anchorage, AK
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Kenai
Kenai
Alaska
Denali National Park
Denali National Park
585 Reviews
Alaska
Denali
Denali
2,178 Reviews
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Admiralty Island
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks
Chugach National Forest
Forests, National Parks
Tongass National Forest
Forests, National Parks, Flea & Street Markets
New England
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with trip itinerary

You have gotten lots of advice in your other thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60880-i350-k52736…

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with trip itinerary

I personally like spending more time in Talkeetna. There is plenty to do and I recommend checking out the Talkeetna chamber of commerce website for all the activities that Talkeetna offers. My favorites include Flightseeing with Alaska bush floatplane service and I loved the homestead tour offered from Denali fireside inn.

In Seward definitely go on the day long cruise. You will see so much more. Exit glacier is near by, a great place to walk and visit. Visit the sea life center too. I usually suggest three days there. I love kayaking in Seward and walking along the sea beach combing.

Girdwood is beautiful, what will you be doing? Hatchers pass? The matanuska glacier?

What do you want to do? Hike? Drive around sightseeing?

When are you going? Denali national park can get very busy and I personally only like seeing it from the air when it gets soo busy!

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Denali
Denali
2,178 Reviews
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Girdwood
Girdwood
Anchorage, AK
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with trip itinerary

Thanks for the advice! We already have the day cruise planned in Seward, and will be hiking, driving around sightseeing, etc. We are going to book the flightseeing this week, will try to see Hatcher's Pass, and the Matanuska Glacier too. We are going late June to early July. We know Denali will be busy, and will definitely plan on seeing it from the air! So exciting - can't wait! Thanks for the reply.

Mentioned in this post
Seward
Seward
Alaska
Matanuska Glacier
Matanuska Glacier
405 Reviews
Alaska
Denali
Denali
2,178 Reviews
4. Re: Need help with trip itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:21