We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Come home soon!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Yes, we do !!!.......I was just thinking about her for about the thousandth time......she could format logical, detailed itineraries and make it look so easy !

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Yep . . . and she had the patience about it, that I know I often lack.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

I do appreciate everyone else creating incredible itineraries, but MM is the itinerary magician LOL!

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Amen to all the above!! Miss you MM!!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Unfortunately I doubt MM will be back this time. She has taken breaks from TA in the past, but she is pretty fed up with some of TA's practices (I kind of am too but not to the point of leaving). Though this was not her issue, I think so many reviews of hotels and attractions are so bogus that it is sickening. But of course nothing is done for obvious economic reasons.

It is unfortunate MM isn't coming back, but the venue seems to drive some people away and honestly, I feel rightfully so.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,102 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Well said John. I also miss M_M for the contributions in the small portions of the areas covered by this forum that I have knowledge of, but I was always in awe of her ability with itineraries.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,893 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

Yes, I miss her so much! While I may be a resident, and have lots of local knowledge, I am not good with itineraries at all, and she does those so creatively and well thought out with people's times. Miss you Maple! :)

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

I'm not sure how TA can police the review issue, John, without doing away with reviews entirely. As a consumer I take all product reviews on the web with the proverbial grain of salt LOL.

I haven't seen those pesky "pop-under" rating charts for a while, so maybe some things can be changed for the better on here.

The whole issue of "pop-under" ratings made me look at my own ratings & low & behold I had inadvertently moused-over the chart, giving a ski venue we love the lowest rating! I was not able to remove the rating; however,I could at least change it to the proper high rating.

Tech gets more & more complicated as I want to get my life more & more simplistic LOL!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,102 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

"I haven't seen those pesky "pop-under" rating charts for a while, so maybe some things can be changed for the better on here."

They are still around, dc, just not as frequently.. Although TA took the ratings gathered by that method down from the review pages, they are still gathering data with these annoying pop-unders without saying what purpose they may be used for in the future.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manitoba Maaaaaple! We miss you!

MM will be missed. She did provide the best, detailed itineraries. I am sorry to hear that she has left the forum.

As far as reviews, TA can do more to control the fake reviews. I reported an establishment for obviously fake reviews, and nothing was done about them. I know they could never catch everyone, but there are many that are so blatantly false.