We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

Fayetteville...
11 posts
Save Topic
Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

We have just been confirmed for the May, 2013 GAH Spring Adventure. We will be flying into MSP on the 9th and taking the bus to Forest City. Looking for those of you that will be making the trip on May 10th, 11th, or 12th. Would love to connect and exchange information during the planning of our trip. While we have travelled Canada and Alaska by air, rail, and water, we have never taken this particular road trip and are very excited. I've read as many posts as I could find on this site as well as rv.net and have not found anyone for 2013 trip.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

Congrats - you may be the first and therefore the starter of the 2013 thread!

Fayetteville...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

Thank you. We are very excited.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

You SHOULD be excited!! It's quite an adventure!! You make me want to start planning for trip #3 in 2014!! Although I booked the trip this early last year, most don't think seriously about it until Dec./Jan. I just responded to your post on rv.net - so guess we think alike on our favorite websites! ;)

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
645 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

Hello, I sent an email but an checking in here as well. We are reserved for May 10, 2013.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 17:07
grapevine, texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

We did the 2012 GAH Spring Adventure and loved every minute of it!

I just posted our itinerary so that it can give some insight into how our trip went. http://www.mytripjournal.com/travel-700539

LeMars, Ia.
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

We are confirmed to leave Forest City on May 10th as well. We are traveling with another couple in a 32' Chalet. We live in Iowa and are only about 170 miles from Forest City so will be driving over on the 10th. We're looking forward to finding out more about the trip from those that have done it and the travel plans of those who haven't.

Fayetteville...
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

The journals and information that people have so graciously shared is incredible. Terry and I have a 28' confirmed and my brother and sister-in-law have a 22' confirmed. We are all in the 10:35 A.M. orientation on the 10th. Will be taking the bus from MSP on the 9th.

Quitman, Texas
Level Contributor
142 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

So excited to find your thread! Husband and I with brother and sis-in-law will be departing Forest City on the 10th. I'm starting to gather information from experienced travelers.

Quitman, Texas
Level Contributor
142 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

ccjohnson2, I loved your trip report - great information! Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forest City, IA to Anchorage, AK 2013 Great Alaskan Holiday

Here's the link for last year's adventure....18 pages long!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k49548…

cjnky has done the trip twice. Here's their 2010 blog: getjealous.com/cjnky/journal/1235482/spring-…

and the 2012 blog: http://mytripjournal.com/cjnky

It's certainly a popular trip and enjoyed by everyone who participates.