We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

Gunnison, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

I will be on the Columbia soon and wondered if the Alaska Ferries have wifi. Thanks.

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

I thought that I had seen or read somewhere that they were working having Wifi on the ferries... But I checked the website and they don't mention it in their description of the vessel amenities.

Maybe give them a call and see...

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

No, they do not have wifi. Once you get to Ketchikan you can get connected from the ferry for $$. I don't recall an exact number but I think it was something like $5.00 per hour or maybe more.

Gunnison, Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

You will be lucky to have cell service even in port....depends on your provider and where the towers are. When the ferry approaches each port you see desperate people clutching their cell phones. Some work, some not. I could not get my ATT service to show any bars sitting in Wrangell last week, but no worries, hubby checked the arrival time and saw we were running late.

5. Re: Wifi on Alaska Ferries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:17