Our RV is now booked and I’m starting to put an itinerary together – I’ve read lots of links and trip reports but have a few specific questions.
1. We pick up our RV from GAH in Anchorage on 31 Aug about 4pm (flight lands at 14.40 so I’m allowing time for getting there & orientation). Next stop will be for provisions etc – where do folks recommend?
2. As this is a Saturday and I believe Labor Day weekend, where should we aim to stay that night? We will have flown in from Juneau so jet-lag won’t be a problem, but I’m guessing we’ll need to book in somewhere soon. In Anchorage or outside?
3. We have the RV until Sept 12th and want to visit Denali, Fairbanks, Seward & Kenai. I think we’ll probably need to book ahead for Denali, but will we need to for the rest at this time of year?
4. Which way do folks think would make most sense first? We’d like autumn colours in Denali but less rain if that can be ordered please!
5. Is it best to stay in the park at Denali or is outside OK? We are aiming for 2 or 3 nights there.
6. We like water and mountain scenery, wildlife and birds plus history, but sadly hubby’s knee will not allow long hikes. Is there anywhere else we should consider going?
A lot of questions I know, but thanks in advance to anyone who can help.