We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheep Mountain Lodge

Newtown...
Level Contributor
221 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Sheep Mountain Lodge

My husband and I are booked for two nights at Sheep Mountain Lodge at Matanuska Glacier in late May. In reading the March, Alaska magazine I noticed that Sheep Mountain Lodge is listed "for sale" by a realty company. Does anyone know if this will affect their late spring rentals? Nothing was mentioned about it when we booked our cabin last month. Alaska magazine is a fun read. Thank you

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,311 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

I don't know for sure what it effects; but I can't imagine current ownership would do anything different then run it as always. That's the best way to get top dollar.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,060 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

It's been for sale for a while now. Check with the owners to see what their plans are. Probably like everyone else - they'll keep on operating until they find a buyer............

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

As mentioned above the lodge has been for sale at least 4 years now. I would guess that the status would not change anything with your reservations. As Tez mentioned if you are concerned you could call and ask about the status. With all that said it is a beautiful location and a great place to stay, be sure to explore the trails around the lodge.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,585 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

I haven't been there in years, but it used to be one of the best places to eat - everything cooked from scratch and the views are great. I wouldn't worry about the for sale sign. :)

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

We were there for two nights last July and everything was fine, including the food. The Glacier is about ten miles to the west down Glenn Hwy

6. Re: Sheep Mountain Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:16