We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruises from Seward and Whittier

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
74 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
cruises from Seward and Whittier

Which cruises are the best in terms of value and what you see? We do not want any meals.

Is the 6 pm cruise to see wildlife any different from the daytime tours? Do you see more wildlife?

Does it pay to take 2 cruises from Seward...I can not tell if they are so different. How long a tour is necessary to really see things that are different from what you have already seen or done? We are seniors going in July with a high energy level. However, we do want a guided tour with a ranger or a guide. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruises from Seward and Whittier

If you look at each vendor's web page, you'll find a map showing the exact route of each cruise, and I think there is info about the cruises on the Seward forum under Top Questions.

The 3 hr cruise in Seward doesn't leave Resurrection Bay; the cruises of 6 hrs or more go to a glacier and also give you more time on the water for wildlfe viewing.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruises from Seward and Whittier

Perhaps you can look into cruises from both Whittier and Seward. Major Marine operates tours at both. Philipps does Whittier and Kenai Fjords does Seward, plus a smaller operation by Alaska Salt Water Lodge (I think the name) by Jim Barkely.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cruises from Seward and Whittier

Some people do take multiple cruises in Seward, but not many. Most will schedule one Kenai Fjords tour during their trip and then will take in other sites in the area. If you are going to be in Seward for multiple days, I would book the boat tour for your first day. That way if weather causes a cancellation, you have the next day to try to go out again. These tours will get cancelled due to rough seas.

You do not mention where else you are going, but I will say that the cruises out of Seward and Whittier are well worth it to me. However, I love to be on the water and I never tire of beautiful scenery. The wildlife is not my priority, but I do get a thrill to see wildlife in their natural habitats.

4. Re: cruises from Seward and Whittier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:16