We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

How far ahead do you need to book for these two tours, Rusts' Denali flightseeing in Anchorage and Dog Sled Ride in Turning Head Kennel in Seward , if you don't have flexibility with dates? We will be there briefly at Anchorage and Seward and do not have extra days for back up for these tours. We do not have any tourbook coupons. Do either of the companies have any discounts for a child less than two years old?

Edited: 03 June 2013, 18:19
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

If you have no other alternate dates, I will answer your question with a question - why would you NOT book in advance if it is something you really want to do.

For me, if it is something I really want to do, I book in advance. If I won't be disappointed in missing out due to being booked, I might wait. I don't wait due to weather since I always expect rain but hope for sunshine!

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

Thanks FTI. Good point. The hotel bookings I have in Anchorage or Seward can be cancelled last minute. In case we have a sick child (we have a 2 year old) or any other reason, I did not want to commit unless they fill out really fast and you cannot do same day bookings. Gives one flexibility.

Edited: 03 June 2013, 19:02
Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

I would check directly with both these outfits concerning the two year old.

I've used Rust's quite a few times and as I am short, really have to sit up in the plane to see out the windows. I'm not sure the two year old will see anything but the inside of the plane. You will also be given a set of headphones to communicate on as the inside of the plane is very noisy. Also, be prepared for a huge step to get into the plane. None of this is a problem for adults.

Also check with the kennels as some have age limits. A crying or screaming child can really set off the dogs and some kennels do not allow children near the dogs under a certain age.

Just check ahead so there are no surprises.

4. Re: Rusts's flightseeing in ANC and TurningHeadsKennel in Seward

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17