We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

View sites at Porcupine campground?

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
719 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
View sites at Porcupine campground?

I'm sorry this isn't with my original thread, but I don't know how to change the title and have specific questions. Our original "active family needs advice" can be found easily.

I can't figure out from the campsite map or google earth which sites may have a view of Turnagin Arm. It seems the map is upside down compared to google earth?

Thanks for your help!

Any specific recom for Williwaw would be appreciated as well.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: View sites at Porcupine campground?

You can always just put a link to your original thread on your new one, too, Snowy:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k64719…

Then, someone can refer if they need to without scrounging.

Google found me this info:

'Sites 1 through 11 offer unobstructed views of Turnagain Arm. Porcupine is even big rig friendly with most spaces able to accommodate up to a 40' coach and several allowing room for a 45' coach plus your toad. Site #2 is our favorite (140' pull through with amazing views) Advance reservations are highly recommended as it fills up fast in the summer.'

on this web site:

activerain.com/blogsview/1303304/hope-alaska…

I highly recommend eating the best grilled cheese ever created at the Discovery Cafe while you are there as well as having some of their fabulous pie. The Hungarian Mushroom soup is good enough that they sell the recipe (which I now own) but definitely get those first two things.

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
719 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: View sites at Porcupine campground?

Thanks! I love mushrooms, just another thing to look forward to!

3. Re: View sites at Porcupine campground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:15