We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing In Alaska

bridgetown
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
Fishing In Alaska

Hello,

Well, just 10 weeks till out first trip to Alaska. So many of you have answered a ton of questions for me and have helped us plan our dream vacation. Thanks so much for that! I could not have done it without this forum and Cruise Critic! So many great folks! Cheers to you all!

Here's another question!

There will be 2 other couples travelling with us and they would like to do some fishing. They have looked at the option of a fishing guide or fishing excursion...but they are quite pricy and usually require a fair amount of time. 1 of the fellows also has limited mobility and cannot handle long excursions. What they would really like to do is just rent a pole and some bait etc and be able to fish for a half hour or hour or so just on their own...something like that. I have listed the areas we will be in...is this an option at any of these locations?

Ketchikan

Juneau

Skagway

Princess Lodges (McKinley, Denali, Copper River)

Thanks so much.

bridgetown
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing In Alaska

............we will be at the lodges the last week of aug and in the 3 ports the first week of september.

bridgetown
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing In Alaska

............and thinking of catch and release...

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing In Alaska

Fishing or often Harvesting fish in alaska can be serious and sometimes pricey bussiness. the so called combat fishing that occurs at prime spots during peak salmon runs is an example. On the other hand, where there are salmon, there are trout that love salmon eggs, or gulp bait that looks like eggs. if you are staying in a lodge on the copper river, i would talk with them first.

4. Re: Fishing In Alaska

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:16