We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
261 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

This question is for travelers who took any Major Marine Cruises in 2013 with Northern Lights 2 for 1 coupons.

Do we need to present the entire book or just a coupon for discount?

We have 2 coupons for MMC shared by our friends. I want to know if I can use them, or need to buy a book.

Thank you for your replies.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,800 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

With Northern Lights you just need the coupon. It is only with Toursaver that you need the entire book.

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
261 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

Thank you fti.

That's what I read about Northern Lights book here on TA.

One of my friends called MM today, and they told him to bring a book.

I hope to see responds from most recent travelers.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

FTI is right.

I'd call Major Marine again yourself and get clarification. My bet is it's more likely that they are confused (could be a new worker or your friend misunderstood ). None of the Northern Lights coupons require you having the book. The Tour Saver absolutely does and says so on the book itself.

I'm looking at this year's Northern Lights coupon book *at* the Major Marine coupon and it says on it, 'must present COUPON at check-in' NOT book- coupon. Again, after using these books for five years, there's a misunderstanding somewhere, but if they tried to say anything about needing the book, I'd simply point out what it states on the coupon. That's what they are required to honor.

Edited: 21 June 2013, 07:10
Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
261 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

Alaskantiger and FTI, thank you both.

We did call Major Marine again today. We can use our Northern Lights coupons without a book.

I am so happy I don't need to buy 2 more books to supplement the coupons I already have.

5. Re: Major Marine Cruises - Northern Lights Coupon question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:17