We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska cruise

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska cruise

We are a family of 4 adults & 2 children going on the Holland America Cruise from Vancouver to Seward on Aug 4, 2013 aboard the Zaandam.

HAL has informed that gents have to wear suits at dinner on formal nights. Carrying a suit to Alaska is a pain.

Can somebody advise whether they really mean that? Will full sleeve collared shirts and Khakhi pants be accepted? We can add a tie also.

Thanks,

lks7

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska cruise

I agreed with your thinking but wore a dark sport coat and tie in the MDR on formal nights. I thought I'd wear jeans on non-formal nights but quickly stuck to khakhis and a collared shirt for evening meals in the MDR. The lido is always casual in my opinion (cafeteria style).

While others got away with shirt and tie, I was more comfortable in a jacket and was also glad I didn't bother with a suit in Alaska.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska cruise

Thank you, CT Design. Will follow your advice.

lks7

3. Re: Alaska cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 05:17