We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

We are disembarking at Whittier on Sat. Aug 31st -we will be staying in Anchorage that evening so we have to get to Anchorage. We have researched a number of transportation companies with some not so great feedback from previous travelers...does anyone have experience with a bus company that they recommend?

thank you!

Mentioned in this post
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,894 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Who is we? When are you travelng? Have you considered other options like a car rental that will give you great use of your time?

Basically stay away from the companies without stellar reviews and you will be OK. I have already posted my prior positive experiences for example.

Regina - Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Hi - I posted a positive review of AK Cruise Connect.about 6 weeks ago.

Joe

tripadvisor.ca/…50348588

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Have you considered a transfer offered by your cruise line

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

yes we checked into that -Princess agent told me that unless you have a flight that day /evening out of Anchorage , Princess wouldn't sell you a transfer. Another agent told me we could get a transfer from Princess for $54 each...to their hospitality center in Anchorage...we also contacted by email several transfer companies that offer the Whittier to Anchorage route...some responded- some didn't or just emailed that "yes we do it" but never heard from them again... we have a week in Canada before the Alaska cruise so will call again & also check with Princess --seems strange that the cruise lines wouldn't offer their passengers a transfer...but hey that's just me!!

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Seems strange to me, too........Especially since there is nothing that says that on their website......

Contact a different person at Princess........maybe check with someone actually AT the Hospitality Center and find out how to book directly......

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

Your agent is wrong. Near the end of a cruise (not just Alaska) the shore excursion desk will contact you regarding debarkation arrangements. They will ask for details, such do you already have a Princess transfer, need one, or have other arrangements. If you need a transfer they will ask for your flight information (if flying out that day); if to the airport to rent a car, or just downtown to the hospitality center. This is done this way so to schedule debarkation arrangements so everyone does not try to get off the same time. You will not need to clear immigration as you have already done this upon boarding in Vancouver.

You will not need to pre-book your transfer

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Regina - Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

We did a northbound Princess cruise in June, and I agree with K2iks.

We didn't have any transfer pre-booked and were given the option while on the ship to book a transfer - either to the airport or to the welcome centre.

Having said that, we were also able to book a transfer pre-cruise.

I'd be inclined to phone the Princess call centre again and see if you can book a transfer.

Joe

8. Re: Transfer bus companies -Whittier to Anchorage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:18