We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Alaska Outfitters

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Alaska Outfitters

We booked a bear tour for $499.00 with Wild Alaska Outfitters that was cancelled allegedly due to weather and no refund has been forthcoming. We are uncertain as to whether we will obtain a refund through the credit card company as we paid in April and the tour was on 11 September.

It seems we are not the only person to have trouble with this operator? Has anyone else had difficulties? They appear in the toursaver book.

Daniel

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

Have you called the company to ask about the refund?

fyi .... it can take 6 weeks before the credit hits your account.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

Yes. Multiple calls not returned and no response to emails.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,233 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

What did they say when you asked in April when you booked what their cancellation policy was? I assume you asked before forking over that sum of money. If not, then their cancellation policy can be anything they want it to be.

>>It seems we are not the only person to have trouble with this operator?

What do you mean by that? Why would you book with them if you knew there were others who experienced trouble with them? I assume either it was because of the lower price (toursaver) or that you didn't do your due diligence before booking, though I hope I am wrong.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

The others were posted after we booked. We were assured of a refund on the day it was cancelled.

Thank you for helpful criticism. The purpose of my post is partly to make others aware.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 04:05
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

Jeff Hastings Wild Alaska Outfitters is a crook

Long story but our booked and paid for trip camcelled at pick up time

He books toursaver trips and cancels at the last minute if he has other full price people

I have been trying to get a refund for 3 months probably 10 promised refund dates

He ruined out once in a lifetime day in Juneau

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS CROOK

Have a look at the forums, many people with the same story

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,233 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

Too bad you missed the posts from February on TA and Cruise Critic talking about this company. Hopefully your credit card company will work with you.

7. Re: Wild Alaska Outfitters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:22