We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did you lose your memory card?

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Did you lose your memory card?

I saw this news story about a camera memory card that was found containing someone's Alaska trip pictures. They are trying to get the word out to find the owners.

globalnews.ca/news/…

Anchorage Alaska
Level Contributor
844 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

This is why the first photo on our cameras are of a piece of paper with our phone number and email address.

PA
Level Contributor
843 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

Great idea Hogfamily! Will have to do that next time. I carry multiple memory cards and swap them out each leg of the trip but still worried just a bit about losing them.

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
727 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

That is genius! Ashamed to say I never thought of that!

Anchorage Alaska
Level Contributor
844 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

Can't take credit for the idea. Was told to me by someone that had a lost camera returned because they had done that with the first photo on the camera.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,638 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

Nice idea but I change memory cards and reformat them a lot. I guess I would need a laminated sheet with that info if I were to try it. Seems like a good idea in principle but not as easy to carry out. Having said that, I take pretty good care of my memory cards, keep them in waterproof holders and inside my camera bag pretty much all the time.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

I have a note page with that information as the background on my iPhone and have taken a picture of that with each new card. It works well

7. Re: Did you lose your memory card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:20