We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

Looking to take my family to Alaska next summer (July) and trying to find a short one way cruise to Alaska and then a return at the end of our trip. We don't like the "cruise ship" experience and not into a multi-day trek. I'd like to go directly from Vancouver to Seward or Kenai then rent a car and travel inland to various places. Are there any cruise lines that simply go there and back without multiple days at sea other than the time it takes to get there?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,393 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

Nope. All are seven days. The Alaska Ferry System would also be multi stop from Bellingham WA and multi days.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

Just fly directly into Anchorage. No reason to spend days at sea even if you could (like with the ferry). I would rather be doing/seeing things in Alaska vs. just seeing the ocean from a boat for days on end.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

Thanks...my challenge is flying my family on frequent flyer miles during the times I want to travel. They are currently not available. Other suggestions are welcome.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

I'm confused. Are you only inquiring about methods of transport to/from AK?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

>> Thanks...my challenge is flying my family on frequent flyer miles during the times I want to travel. They are currently not available. Other suggestions are welcome. <<

What airline program are you using? If American, then look at space on Alaska Airlines (an AA partner) but NOT via Seattle. Your biggest problem with AA miles out of DFW will likely be just getting out of DFW.

Also, how big is your group? You might need to split the group up into a couple of different flights, rather than trying for multiple FF seats on the same plane. Also look at red-eyes, which often have FF seats when other flights don't.

6. Re: One way cruise to Alaska from Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20