We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

G C
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
406 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Can anyone recommend an Alaska Cruise vendor that offers cruises which include Sitka as a port call?

thanks

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Holland America Seattle round trip cruises on Amsterdam and Westerdam.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Google 'cruises to Sitka' and you'll find a few sites, such as:

cruisecompete.com/vacations/visits/sitka/1

Look thru this list to see if any of the small ship cruises stop in Sitka:

http://milepost.com/cruising/cruise_ships

Edited: 12 November 2013, 05:19
Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Holland America is the only one of the big lines that still goes to Sitka. You'll see from the cruise calendar that most of the high-end lines still do, though (Oceania, Regent Seven Seas, Silversea) - sitka.com/local/2013-Sitka-cruise-ship-calen… If you want a small ship, Alaskan Dream Cruises is based in Sitka and runs 8-13-night itineraries.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

And HAL's Amsterdam out of Seattle also ports at downtown Anchorage, Homer, and Kodiak. It visits Hubbard Glacier the day after Kodiak. They did nine cruises in 2012, but none in 2013. They are back this coming summer for four cruises. My wife and I consider it one of the better cruise itineraries for Alaska (and we are dedicated Princess cruisers).

G C
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Thank you...great info

G C
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Thank you for the great info

G C
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Anyone can "Google" anything and find a paid advertisement in response.. I was asking for a recommendation. Your answer didn't help much.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

I agree that it's great to see HAL's 14-day itineraries back - it's really unique. My wife and I love the Amsterdam - we got engaged in the Pinnacle Grill on the Amsterdam as we sailed away from Ketchikan in 2007.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

I loved Sitka, but a one day stop (partial at that) from a cruise ship, was just not enough. I hope that someday I will be able to go and spend a few days there. That said, the 14 day HAL itinerary is a great introduction to Alaska with a taste of many great ports and scenic areas.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alaska Cruises - Sitka Port Call

Hi GC - I've just recently been researching this exact same thing. All of the information above is spot on. I was ABOUT to book the HAL 14 day cruise to Sitka, Glacier Bay, Homer, Kodiak when I looked into Alaska Dream Cruises further.

As Sitka and Kodiak were our main points of interest for the HAL cruise, we decided on the ADC trip. (NO we don't go to Kodiak but we do go to some pretty remote & special spots in the SE) and we get to spend 2 days in Sitka then explore the South East in a way that won't require any shore excursions before disembarking in Ketchikan and flying back to Seattle. I just feel we're getting a lot more bang for our buck with the ADC trip than we would have from the HAL cruise but we have been to most of the HAL ports previously. It was a real toss of the coin for us but in the end we decided on ADC as we are travelling with our nearly 9yo son and think it will be more of a hands on experience for us all.