We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way Car Rental

Webster Groves...
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
One Way Car Rental

Hello all. I am looking for any leads or suggestions on a company that will rent us a car in Whittier and allow us to drop it off in Anchorage. We get off the ferry in Whittier and will then be spending the next week traveling around the Kenai Penninsula and leaving for home from Anchorage. I know, not the most economical proposition, these one-way rentals, but our itinerary works out great otherwise. Thanks.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Way Car Rental

I notice that Avis rents cars in Whittier. Go to www.avisalaska.com. I did not check rates. We are planning a similar trip with a one-way rental from Anchorage to Seward and Hertz (the only company that seems to allow one-ways to Seward) is VERY expensive, about twice what anyone else charges. So expect to pay a big premium for a one-way.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Way Car Rental

If you do a google search for Whittier you come up with Avis which appears to be the only rental agency in Whittier. According to their website the one way rental drop off charge for dropping the car in Anchorage is $125. There is a limo service that will pick up a minimum party of 6 and deliver them to Anchorage for around $20 each person. Good luck.