We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska cruise

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska cruise

WE would like to go for Alaska cruise in july 2014. We are 3 adults and 1 child-11 yrs old. As this will be our first time, we are totally confused which one to take. Our landing point is Seattle. Can anyone suggest which is the best cruise to take?

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,351 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska cruise

One from Vancouver, not Seattle. In the Top Questions to the right of screen there is an item there providing extensive advice in regard to Alaska cruises which will answer many questions. I might also add that many of us will advise to look for a cruise which includes Glacier Bay National Park on the itinerary. Only two ships each day are permitted into the Park due to the fragile eco system.

Have a read of the Top Question, do a little research, then please post back for further advice. I might also add that Disney cruise from Vancouver, but perhaps an 11 yo is a bit beyond that stuff.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 08:58
Mentioned in this post
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Glacier Bay Lodge
Glacier Bay Lodge
234 Reviews
Gustavus, AK
Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska cruise

I strongly recommend Disney Cruise Line. Fantastic service and lots to do for all ages. My boys are 9 and 12 and are definitely not too old. The downside to their Alaska itinerary is that they do not include Glacier Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Glacier Bay Lodge
Glacier Bay Lodge
234 Reviews
Gustavus, AK
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska cruise

It is quite easy to obtain transportation from Seattle to Vancouver. The Vancouver cruises through the inside passage are much more scenic than Seattle cruises. Beyond that choose a cruise that takes you to the ports you wish to see. I found an Alaska guidebook (Fodors or Frommers will do to start) to help me evaluate the cruise ports in Alaska before deciding on a specific cruise.

After some initial research you might ask more specific questions here to get better information regarding your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Alaska
Alaska
United States
4. Re: Alaska cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17