We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

I'd like to stay at the McKinkey Chalet Resort which is where the Holland cruise group is staying. The number I called has been disconnected! Anyone know if it's closed or changed it's name or what?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,896 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

McKinley Chalets was bought out - here is the news article:

newsminer.com/news/local_news/holland-americ…

You would need to contact Princess/Holland America. Any particular reason why you want to stay at that hotel? :)

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

This time of year there's no one at these resorts and they are closed up for winter. You won't get a hold of anyone at the actual property.

Park Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

Our friends are staying there as part of the Holland cruise package. There are parts of that package that just don't do it for my wife and I so we thought we would try to mirror their itinerary without actually being a part of it. I saw that the McKinley Chalet Resort had an all inclusive 2 day package last year but when I asked about it via email I was told it wasn't available.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

You have other options nearby in Glitter Gulch. Some are a little more rustic than others. I stayed at Denali Bluffs and shuttles ran down to the main strip every half hour.

5. Re: Denali lodging-McKinkey Chalet Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:19