We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

Hi everyone- I could use some help. There are six of us in our party, incuding 2 kids. I have looked for two solid days for a place to stay and haven't found anything. We need 7/27-7/29. We normally rent vacation homes through vrbo or cabins. We were planning on spending two nights in Seward, then take the train to Anchorage, spend one night there and fly home the next day. We would like to go to the Sea Life Aquarium, a fjord cruise and hikes. Should we consider Copper Landing or Homer instead? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

Overall I don't think Seward has much for "vacation homes" though alot rent out rooms in their houses for the summer as B&Bs or for summer workers.

Where to begin .. do you have a list of no gos already? Everything is booked or you can't find something you like? Have you checked www.seward.com?

I'll start with the 1st few I think of ... Seward Frontrow Townhouses/Swans Nest, Harborview Inn, Adobe Well, Sea Treasures Inn, Miller's Landing, Saltwater Lodge, Adam's Street, Bay Vista all have or are houses.

http://www.alaskabasecamp.com/rates.htm I've always thought this place would be fun to stay in and the owner is a really nice man!

Tag...your it! :)

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

If you want to consider Cooper Landing or Homer instead, you need to realize that Homer is about 175 miles from Seward, then about 225 miles back to Anchorage. So, if you are into driving those extra miles, fine. But, Homer needs more than an overnight stop to make it worthwhile. We do have the Islands & Oceans center, which we recommend stopping to visit - and it is free.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

Thanks Glacier Lady. Some of the places you mentioned were not on my radar. I was able to find a place that will work for us! Thanks so much!!

And we will save Homer for the next trip. Thanks :)

Edited: 22 March 2014, 23:54
Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

Awesome...glad I could help. Hopefully you'll write a trip report. Your possibly a relative since I'm from Mn.

Enjoy Seward!

5. Re: Post cruise Seward lodging-need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50