We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance for rental car at Denali

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Insurance for rental car at Denali

I've arranged to hire a car for 3 days in June at Denali from Denali Dome Home but I need to arrange my own insurance. This is proving to be harder than I thought. My own car insurance in the UK will not cover this. Can anybody suggest an insurance provider in the UK that will provide short term car insurance, or possibly travel insurance that has a car hire element to it.

Is there a company in the US that would provide cover?

Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insurance for rental car at Denali

Here's a Top Question on the Road Trips forum written by a British DE regarding rental from UK:

Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,792 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insurance for rental car at Denali

You can try Travel Guard, though I am not sure if they cover those not living in the USA. You also might check locally in the UK for travel insurance/travel insurance companies.

It depends partly on what you are trying to cover - there are LOTS of optional coverages in the USA some are required to not be labeled as "insurance."

-Collision Damage Waiver

-Supplemental Liability Insurance

-Personal Accident Coverage

-Personal Effects Coverage

-who knows what else

Be certain to know before you ever get to the car rental company exactly which options you want/need.

3. Re: Insurance for rental car at Denali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:16