We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

As much as I love to plan my trip and do it on my own pace; being an paralysis by analysis person I end up not going at all. Looking for some organized trips, I came across Green Tortoise and another new company called Infinite Adventures. Green Tortoise is easy to understand, they pretty much serve as taxi and food providers and you are free to plan your activity. But infinite adventures have some guided tours but expensive. Can someone experts here take a look at this and provide some thoughts before I pay $3K for this trip.

infiniteadv.com/uploads/3/0/3/3/3033897/alas…

BTW I'm planning early or Mid June trip.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

To be honest, most of us that help here on the forum do so to help folks with their independent travel . . . very few of us know much about the packaged tours, but can tell you it is usually much cheaper to do things on your own. :)

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

Will you be traveling by yourself ?......My first thoughts after reading this itinerary is.....you will be with total strangers your entire time.....they may be wonderful people who you make life long friends with, but then again, maybe not......you will be sharing a tent with a stranger, unless you are traveling as a couple......ALL your meals are included and served off the back of their truck......pricewise, good deal, but then again are they good cooks.....will the weather cooperate every day, or will you be hovering under tarps while you eat reconstituted food......

For $3000 per person, you can have a lot better odds at having a more enjoyable vacation by planning your own......just my opinion

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
10,781 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

Green Tortoise...

I looked at just one trip (7 day) and I thought $700 was a lot of money for a bus and what sounds like some outdoor grilling.

Infinite...

$3,000 for a bus and sleeping in tents. You could rent a car and sleep in a tent (free in most places) a lot cheaper and make your own schedule.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
93 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

yes I will be traveling my myself.

5. Re: Please review - Conducted Tour Itinearary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:16