We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Who : Active married couple in early 60s

When: July or August

Cruise From: Seward or Whittier

Cruise To: Lower 48 states (one way)

We will be flying into Anchorage, touring Alaska for up to 14 days and then want to cruise the inside passage back to the lower 48 states. Does a cruise like this exist and if so, which cruise line?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Due to US maritime law, the one-way cruises from Alaska on major cruise lines all terminate (or originate) in Vancouver BC. The exception is the Alaska State Ferry, which runs from Whittier to Juneau, then from Juneau to Bellingham, WA (90 miles north of Seattle.)

If Vancouver is okay, then there are dozens of trips to choose from. You'll need a passport.

Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

Vancouver BC would be a second choice. So far, I've only seen round trip. I will look again but his time using Vancouver BC as the ending destination.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Have a look at any of these three Princess ships, Island, Coral or Crown, HAL Oosterdam or Statendam, Norwegian Sun, Celebrity Millennium. I don't know where you are looking, but obviously not in the right places, unless you are still lookng for a cruise back to the US which does not exist as you were correctly advised by ibgardyloo..

Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

We were looking to cruise back to the lower 48 states; however, after reading ibgardyloo's post, I started looking at one way cruises that start in Whittier and end up in Vancouver and I'm finding them.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 04:37
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

From Whittier you only have the three Princess ships, which have the best itineraries, or Norwegian Sun. The others all port at Seward.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
8,914 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

Princess has a shuttle from Vancouver to the Seattle-Tacoma airport, which is cheaper than flying between those two points.

7. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 09:28
Bridgewater
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

I don't think any big ship cruises go directly out of Anchorage. They all go out of Seward or Whittier. But cruise advertisements usually list Anchorage with Seward or Whittier in parenthesis (or vice versa) since Anchorage is the closest city you would fly into or out of. Holland's Glacier Discovery ports in Seward.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 19:05
9. Re: One Way Inside Passage Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16