We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinions needed on arrival day please

Kaneohe, Hawaii
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
opinions needed on arrival day please

Is this doable for first day of 10 night stay in July?

--Land in ANC at 5am

--Pick up rental car (already booked)

--SIghtseeing and stopping to take photos on the way to Whittier for 10:30 tunnel

--Whittier Glacier Cruise 12:30-5:30 (not yet booked)

--Drive to Seward for ON (already booked)

Days 2-11 are planned, but I could move the glacier cruise to another day and just head straight to Seward on day one if the experts suggest!

Thank you in advance!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

I think your plan is realistic. Even if your flight is late into Anchorage, you would have plenty of time to drive to Whittier. You could even take the 11.30am tunnel to Whittier and still make the 12.30pm glacier cruise if need be. Driving from Whittier to Seward after the glacier cruise is realistic. Plan on 2 hours for that drive.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

Thank you so much for your answer!

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

5:30 Alaska time will feel like 3:30 Hawaii time. Just keep that in mind. I think it's doable, but you are really going to ready for bed that night...

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

I always seem to be full of energy when we arrive, rather than drained from traveling...maybe that's just me. I like to book things up the first couple days, then maybe throw a slack day in to catch our breath:)

Yours sounds like a fun first day.

Kaneohe, Hawaii
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

Thank you all! Yes I am worried about not sleeping on the overnight flight and having such a long day. But I think I can count on my adrenaline rush! It has already started lol. I am taking a young budding photographer on this trip and it will be a character building adventure!

6. Re: opinions needed on arrival day please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16