We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How the coupon book works?

Toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How the coupon book works?

Hi,

We'd like to buy coupon book for tours. But don't know how many books we need to get "2 for 1" deal. We are 2 adults, 2 kids at 15 and 9 while travelling. Shall we buy 2 books, or just 1 book. Mostly we use book for tours of Kenai Fjords Cruise, Kayaking; tickets to some museum, center.

How does the book work? Shall we just check online and call their CS for details?

Our trip will be within 28 days, is it still workable? Thanks all

CMOOD

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How the coupon book works?

The coupons vary...in the Northern lights book anyway. Many are 2 for 1's, a few can be used 2 for 4. Many of the coupons for smaller adventures (rafting, flightseeing) specify that only 1 is accepted per day, or "must have 2 full paying customers on the trip", or a couple that even say cannot book more than 24 hrs in advance 9that ones handy for planning, eh?)

The larger ones , KF tour, AK railroad, etc...you'd need 2 books, but could use coupons for all 4 people. And with the prices of things, if you can use 2 coupons per book you can more than make your 60 dollars back, usually MUCH more than.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How the coupon book works?

Be aware that you have to book ahead, I think at least 2 weeks to use the Kenai Fjords coupon. I would call them and ask if they still have coupon 'slots' available for the date and time you want to go before you buy a book. You can see the restrictions on the coupon book web site. Check to make sure the ones you want will work for you. They don't need a coupon number, so you can book your tour and tell them you have the coupon book and then go buy one once you know you are good to go (I'm speaking about the Northern Lights coupon book - Tour Saver is different) .

alaska-discounts.com/services/…

Sturgeon
Level Contributor
521 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How the coupon book works?

I'm guessing the coupon slots are full so close to your visit, but as said, call and ask. We bought ours at Thanksgiving time the fall before our June cruise, booked as soon as they were open for the year in March and still were not able to use some we wanted to

4. Re: How the coupon book works?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:17