We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about using coupons for excursions

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
219 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Question about using coupons for excursions

I've been reading about BOGO coupons either in toursaver or northern lights coupon book. We are a family of 4 and I was wondering if I'll be able to use 2 BOGO coupons for an excursion ? For eg. the Harv and Marv Whale watching exursions. If I were to buy 2 coupon books would I be able to use 2 BOGO coupons for our family ? TIA

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about using coupons for excursions

First you need to go to the Top Questions about Alaska and look at the thread about coupon books. Second, you need to go to each of the websites for the coupon books to see which companies have offers (hint: Harv & Marvs is not one of them).

In any case, there are a few coupons that are duplicated in Northern Lights. So if those are the only ones you want/need you might get by with just one book. But most you would need two books. But then, some operators limit the number of coupons/discounts per excursion or per day. So it depends on when you are going (2014 probably hard to still get reservations, 2015 might work).

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about using coupons for excursions

It also depends a lot on what type of excursion. Large occupancy things, like the Fijord cruises and the railroad, will allow for the use of multiple coupons typically. But when it comes to rafting, flightseeing, etc...they often state "one coupon per trip". Or thwe coupon will be 25 % off for a party of 4, which amounts to the same discount.

Farmington Hills...
Level Contributor
219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about using coupons for excursions

I did read the top posts on coupons and couldn't find an answer to my question so I posted the question. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

4. Re: Question about using coupons for excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:17