We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Itinerary

Arkansas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Itinerary

We are thinking about going to LV/GC the 2nd week of June for either 4 or 5 days. We will fly into LV and stay one night. The second day, we plan on driving to the Hoover Dam and then onto Laughlin/Oatman. I wanted to check out Oatman because of the burros. Stay in Oatman at a cheap place. I've seen lodging at Colorado Belle/Ramada for $19/$29 per night. Any comments on these hotels? Next day we plan on driving from Laughlin to Grand Canyon. Arrive by noon and do some sightseeing. Stay the night in the Canyon (if we can get a room). The next day , drive back to Laughlin to spend the night (again, for the cheap lodging). Final day, drive back to LV and then fly home. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,606 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Itinerary

You better strat trying to get your lodging at the canyon ASAP! And keep trying if they say there's nothing. At this late date your best chance is if someone else cancels. It does happen so don't give up. But I would also try to book a room in Tusayan as a back up.

Can't tell you much about lodging in Oatman, but for $19-$29, you probably get what you pay for.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,090 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Itinerary

You will be staying in Laughlin right? I don't know if there are any places to stay in Oatman.

Laughlin is always cheap for hotels, they want your gambling money. Many of the hotels are very nice. I'd check reviews here on Trip Advisor.

Sounds like a fun trip. IF you can't get lodging in GC park, there is a town just south of the park filled with hotels, Tusayan.

There is a fun place to eat in Williams AZ called Rod's Steak House. We stop there during our trips.

3. Re: Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 18:20