We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopping off to see Navajo National Monuement?

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Stopping off to see Navajo National Monuement?

I am working on my driving routes from one destination to the other and noticed Navajo National Monument enroute to Bluff from the North Rim.

I know we would only be able to do the self guided Mesa Top Trails but can you see enough from these trails without doing the Strenuous guided hike?

Do you think it would be a good get out of the car stretch you legs stop as we will be driving 6 hours today to get to our next destination.

Thanks as always for your opinions and ideas.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,865 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopping off to see Navajo National Monuement?

This is a wonderful place to stop for an hour or so. There is a nice view of Betatakin Cliff Dwelling and you will want to go back someday to hike all the way in!!

www.nps.gov/nava

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopping off to see Navajo National Monuement?

Irgardener,

Thank you for posting this question! I rarely see

anything on TA about the Navajo Nat'l Mon. I, too,

would like to visit there some day.

If you do visit, please write us a trip report.

3. Re: Stopping off to see Navajo National Monuement?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 21:18