We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley - Navajo Park

England
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Monument Valley - Navajo Park

Hi my boyfriend and I will be visiting the park on the 13th September and will be in a rented vehicle can you help me on the following:

1) The 17 mile loop road is it suitable to take the car? (midsize) 2) If not I thought about taking a tour ($40) from Gouldings Lodge but they only seem to do a 'regular' 2.5hrs tour @ 1:30 (no good for us) or you can pre book a private charter for $55 but a minimum of 4 people :( - comments on that please and finally is anyone else there that day and able to take 2 passengers in their vehicle (happy to contribute to fuel cost) or would they like to join us for a private charter tour early morning? (say 9-9:30?). Thanks

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley - Navajo Park

Hi

We never took a tour but drove into MV several times. For tours you could try: www.trailhandlertours.com

Driving yourself is an option and many people do. The road is unpaved and a bit tricky first part from the parkinglot. Road condition vary. Can be bumpy but generally spoken nothing a normal good car can't handle. Just keep in mind your rentalcy is not allowing to drive dirtroads so you're doing it at your own risk. You can also take a tour from the parkinglot near the visitor center. Whatever you do, don't forget to visit this center and take the views from there. Can't be beaten.

Tet

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument Valley - Navajo Park

Forgot, you also can take a self guided, free tour through Valley of the Gods north of Monument Valley (take us163 to Mexican Hat. Then take ut261 north and the dirt road is on your right hand side. It ends at 163 between Mexican Hat and Bluff. Also 17 miles and also stunning. And don't forget places like Moki Dugway, Gooseneck SP, Muley point etc.

England
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument Valley - Navajo Park

Tet14 thanks for the reply. We have Moki Dugway etc.. on the itineary already :) so good to confirm my plans.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monument Valley - Navajo Park

You might try the following for some options:

www.monumentvalleytours.net

www.monumentvalley.net

http://monument-valley-tours.com/

OR, if you will just search 'Monument Valley tours'

many sites will come up.

Good luck - have a great trip!

5. Re: Monument Valley - Navajo Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 10:17